Pages

Sunday, November 28, 2010

UM Football and another Loss to OSU!

Well another loss to the Buckeyes, all the papers are calling for Rich's head. Do any of you remember the calls for a new type of football to be played in Ann Arbor, something fresh,different, exciting. Can you remember Bo running and running. Do you remember, there are only three things that happen when you pass, and two are bad? Where was that pass, to get us over the goal line?

Let me give my thoughts for just a moment. I was a UM fan when I was just a kid and when Bo came, I became a rabid fan. I listened when I couldn't watch. I read every article I could find. I remember when Bo was done and Moeller took over how daring he was to actually pass the ball when it wasn't expected. I remember all of those fans that wanted Carr gone. We fans wanted the new brand, exciting, scoring, and fast moving offense. Think about it how many voices were raised, they wanted change.

Well OK we got a very exciting offense and if you look, they are very young. The majority of us would never have dreamed Denard would improve so dramatically. What can DR be if he is playing with this offensive line after another year of improvement. If he has backs that can actually catch a ball and move it upfield. What if the two running back recruits (currently listed as #1 and #3) bring a new dynamite to that backfield,what about receivers with another year of experience?

But lets look at the biggest disappointment, the defense OMG what a disaster. I am so disgusted with seeing other teams receivers be so incredibly open. It would have been interesting to see what influence a veteran DB would have have had on the younger players if he had not been lost for the season. But I will always feel that the worst mistake the coach made was to stay with a 3-3-5 defense that insured the opposing QB has plenty of time to single out the one that is wide open. In a major conference like the Big Ten any quarterback given the time to throw can kill you. The team with good running backs can find those gaps caused by this defense. Is the coach responsible for this, you bet he is.

When RR was hired he was given a four year contract and I think he should be given that last year.  He has developed a very exciting Offense. The defense could develop this next year and I think it will.

But what scares me the most is, we bring in Harbaugh and we don't have the players to fit his type of team.
The players that are gifted athletes then transfer to other schools. Do we then wait three years and then we complain because we are boring and we are still losing. If D Branden pulls the trigger maybe he should look for someone that runs a spread offense and can bring along a defense rugged and disciplined enough to be contenders in the Big Ten.

What do you think? Remember I'm not a writer I am just a great fan that wants them to win.

No comments: